|Copyright © 2004 - 2019 Cascade Meadows Farm
All Rights Reserved
White Rock Chickens
Cascade Meadows Farm
Why White Plymouth Rock Chickens?
(no other breed can do all of this:)
1. Heirloom 1800’s heritage breed (not factory hybrids like those cornish-
cross corporate GMO monstrosities).
2. Excellent, healthy, active free-range foragers (unlike hybrids).
3. Hens are excellent long-lived layers of large brown eggs and will lay in
4. Large friendly roosters are excellent meat birds with nice large carcases
and gourmet flavorful meat (much better than factory-hatched Cornish-
5. Older retired hens are a gourmet treat. Supremely flavorful meat.
6. Super healthy genetics, thrive with no medications.
7. Beautiful white feathers are easy to hand-pluck, for a very nice chicken
carcass with no dark pin feathers.
8. 100% locally farm-bred, locally hatched, natural, and sustainable from
heritage local heirloom seedstock, no antibiotics, no chemicals no
9. Very cold hardy and heat tolerant.
10. Keep the hens for laying, and eat most of the roosters. Hatch your
Of course, to maintain all these terrific traits in heritage White Plymouth Rock
chickens, it requires ongoing selection and culling. Generation after generation,
Cascade Meadows Farm works very hard to select the very best genetics to maintain
all these valuable traits in our flock.